Dr. Wieckhorst received her undergraduate degree from Lyman Briggs Residential College at Michigan State University and completed her doctorate at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
We asked Dr. Wieckhorst a few questions so you can get to know her a little better!
I sought out a career in dentistry because:
- I get to make people healthier systemically and often say to my patients “the start to a healthy body is a healthy mouth!”
- I get to give people the smile that will give them the confidence and comfort to show their personality. I always go back to “How can someone fully be themselves in an interview for a job if they are uncomfortable with their mouth?”
- I get to meet/interact with many people every day, I am very social/extroverted so I need that in a career; which allows me to serve my community.
- I get to be a patient advocate and educate the importance of full-body health including dental, medical, and mental health.
What is your goal for your patients?
- They leave happier than when they came in.
- They are comfortable with the practice and their treatment choices.
- They understand the reasoning and importance of their treatment choices.
- They do not feel judged.
- Most importantly, I want them to know I genuinely care and want the best for them!
What other awesome and interesting things could you share about yourself?
- Like Dr. Yared, I too attended Lyman Briggs Residential College at Michigan State University before matriculating to the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. I even got to study abroad in Italy and Brazil.
- I am always reading two books at a time and possibly listening to a third (which is apparently odd).
- I adore both of my dogs Moonie & Carl. They are the light of my world (if you ask about them, be prepared for a long lecture of me doting over them)!
- I enjoy workout classes at Orangetheory Fitness.
- I am enjoying learning how to complete home repairs with power tools.