Help prevent tooth pain, decay, and gum disease to keep your mouth healthy.
Same-day emergency appointments. Call by noon and we will see you today!
Crowns strengthen and restore damaged teeth and fill gaps.
Fillings restore damaged teeth and help prevent tooth decay.
Join the 12 million smiles straightened with Invisalign Clear Aligners!
We offer many tooth replacement options like Implants, Crowns, and Dentures.
1.Invisalign® aligners ONLY work when you are wearing them. We recommend you wear your aligners 20-22 hours, day and night. The only time the aligners should be taken out is when you are eating and drinking something other than water, brushing and flossing, or cleaning them.
2. Wear each clear aligner for a minimum of one to two weeks, as directed by our dentists. It is very important that you never go to the next aligner in less than the directed amount of time. Even though it may seem that the current aligner is loose and no longer moving your teeth, it takes longer for the roots to catch up with the crown of the tooth.
3. If you miss some days for any reason, pick up where you left off and wear the aligners for the full 7 day minimum. Call one of our West MI dental offices to let us know so that we can adjust your appointments.
1. Make sure you have the proper aligner. “U” for upper and “L” for lower in the proper number sequence. Each aligner is labeled with either a “U” or “L”.
2. When inserting, gently push the aligners over your front teeth. Then, apply pressure to the tops of the left and right molars until they snap into place. DO NOT bite your aligners into place.
3. Make sure each aligner is ALL THE WAY DOWN and fully seated. You should not see any space between the edge of the tooth and the edge of the aligner.
If each aligner is not fully in place, the teeth will not move properly and the next set of aligners will be even further off. This can waste many weeks of Invisalign treatment and even cause starting over with possible additional fees.
1. Always place your clear aligners in the cases provided. Never place aligners in napkins or any other case. Never place it in a pocket that can be sat on.
2. Save the last aligner you used in your case in case something happens to your current aligners.
3. If you lose an aligner, call our dentists right away.
4. There may be a charge for damage or lost aligners.
1. Clean your aligners prior to each insertion. You can use a normal toothbrush or electric toothbrush. Rinse under running water and brush until clean.
2. Never use or soak in alcohol or bleach, as they will be damaged. If aligners are becoming excessively dirty, let our dentists know at your appointments.
3. Do not place aligners in hot water to clean, as they will be damaged.
4. You may purchase a product like Fresh Guard to soak aligners in to help with the cleaning.
1. Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss normally with the aligners out. Brush and floss after eating and before re-inserting aligners. Large food particles may prevent proper insertion. At night it is recommended to use prescription strength Clinpro toothpaste to decrease the risk of cavities. Ask your doctor for Clinpro at your appointment.
2. Eating: There are no food restrictions with Invisalign, however aligners must always be removed when eating.
3. Drinking: except for cold or room temperature water, always remove aligners while drinking anything. Any fluid will get inside the aligner and be held against your teeth possibly for hours and can cause staining or damage your teeth and aligners.
4. Chewing Gum: Do NOT chew gum while wearing aligners.
5. Smoking: It is advised NOT to smoke while wearing the aligners. It will stain the aligners and your teeth.
If you have any trouble with your treatment, please call one of our offices.
Our West Michigan family dentists provide quality dental care to patients of all ages. With five convenient offices, we have the capability of handling all of your family’s dental needs. Call one of our MI Smiles Dental locations below or schedule an appointment online today.
No Insurance?No Problem!